“You must know that it is no easy thing for a principle to become a man’s own, unless each day he maintain it and hear it maintained, as well as work it out in life.”
- How often do we hear something, think that we understand it, but yet it still takes us quite a while to make it a part of our daily life?
- Change is not easy.
- Studies show that it takes 3-6 weeks for a habit to become ingrained, depending on the complexity of the habit.
- It also depends on if you are trying create a new habit or replace an existing habit.
- And that’s just for a single habit done daily.
- How much information do you get in your life that you want to implement?
- How many things are there that distract you from your habit?
- If we want something to become a habit, I’ve found that it’s best to focus on one thing.
- Work on it until you don’t have to think about it.
- Then move on the next thing, and repeat.
- If you want to exercise, do it every day, even if you don’t do it well.
- If you want to be less angry, first pay attention to your mood.
- Just getting it done each day is more important than the quality.
- Creating this podcast for me was first about getting it done each day.
- Then, once the routine was created, I was able to focus on the quality.
- Is there a principle or a habit that you want to improve in in your life?
- What can you do today to move you little closer to creating that habit?
- Focus on the hardest part – creating the habit.
- Worry about the quality later.
- Soon you’ll have a shiny new habit.
- And then you can start on the next one.