Welcome to the Stoic Coffee Break Podcast!
Thanks for stopping by the home of the Stoic Coffee Break podcast. The Stoic Coffee Break is a weekly podcast where I take an aspect of stoicism and try to dig a bit deeper and break it down to it’s most important points. I share my experiences, both my successes and my failures and hope that you can learn something and improve your life, all within the space of a coffee break.
If you want to dig deeper yourself and talk with other listeners who are working on applying stoicism in their daily lives, join us in the Stoic Coffee House. You’ll gain access to bonus content, be able to participate in monthly AMA discussions, and more!
If you enjoy this podcast and find value in it, I would really appreciate it if you would make a donation on Patreon. I have put thousands of hours of work into this podcast, so just as you would pay for an audio book, donating on Patreon would be helpful in offsetting hosting fees, and help fund new ventures as I look for ways to expand the reach of this podcast.
You can support the podcast here: https://patreon.com/stoiccoffee
Thanks for stopping in!
— Erick Cloward
Amor Fati, Amor Coffee!
Listen to more episodes:
- 286 – Remember Death“You could leave life right now. Let that determine what you do and say and think.” — Marcus Aurelius How often do you think about your death? Consider how facing your mortality can make your life richer, fuller, and happier. Remembering death helps us appreciate the present moment and find contentment now rather than waiting for it in the future. It also sharpens our senses and helps us prioritize what truly matters. By contemplating our mortality, we can develop a bigger perspective on life and live each day to the fullest. So take a little time each day to think about your death and feel more alive.
- 285 – Ambition or Contentment“Don’t seek for everything to happen as you wish it would, but rather wish that everything happens as it actually will—then your life will flow well.” — Epictetus Learn how stoicism can help you achieve your goals while still finding contentment in your daily life. Discover the balance between ambition and contentment, and how focusing on the process rather than the outcome can lead to true happiness. Explore the concept of non-striving and how it can change your perspective on success.
- 284 – Q & A – Daily Life, God, Difficult People, and PoliticsThis week’s episode is a Q & A edition. I talk about how to practice stoicism in daily life, god, dealing with difficult people, and who would Marcus Aurelius vote for!
- 283 – Interview With Gavan WilhiteIn this week’s episode, I had a captivating conversation with Gavan Wilhite, a serial entrepreneur. We discussed the power of stoicism in business and making a positive impact on the world. Gavan is an exceptional individual, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy our enlightening discussion.
- 282 – Timeless Principles For Handling a Changing WorldDiscover the timeless principles of Stoicism that can help you navigate the ever-changing world. Learn to focus on what doesn’t change, embrace change, seek growth over comfort, practice gratitude, live in the present moment, cultivate inner resilience, and practice compassion and understanding. These principles will empower you to handle whatever life throws your way. Join the Stoic Coffee House Community for further exploration of these principles.