Welcome to the Stoic Coffee Break Podcast!
Over the last few months I’ve had many requests to create a group or community around the podcast. I’m excited to announce that I’m working on creating the Stoic Coffee Community. To find out more and to sign up to be notified, click here!
I’ve also opened the Stoic Coffee Shop where you can pick up some awesome looking shirts and hoodies with some of my favorite quotes and of course the Stoic Coffee Break logo. Look good while supporting your favorite podcast. 😉
If you like the podcast, it would be awesome if you helped support Stoic Coffee Break on Patron!
If you have a topic you’d like me to address on an episode, you can drop me line here.
Thanks for stopping in!
— Erick Cloward
Amor Fati, Amor Coffee!
Listen to more episodes:
- 204 – Blame and Responsibility“If change is forced upon you, you must resist the temptation to overreact or feel sorry for yourself.” — Robert Greene How often do you feel that life is unfair? That something happened that you think should not have happened to you? Maybe someone hurt you and you want them to fix it? In this episode, I want to talk about blame and responsibility.
- 203 – Belief Without Evidence is WrongIt is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence. — William K. Clifford, Ethics of Belief We all like to think that we are wise, that our opinions are well thought out, and that we’re smart enough to spot when we have inconsistent beliefs. Today I want to talk about why believing something without sufficient evidence is wrong, and that idea that how we come to a belief or a conclusion is more important that the whether the belief or conclusion is correct.
- 202 – Life Is Long If You Know How To Use It“While we wait for life, life passes.” — Seneca Time is the most important, the most in demand resource that we have in life. Are you spending yours wisely or do you let it go to waste? Today I want to talk about time, and how we can take some steps to be mindful of how we spend it.
- 201 – You May Leave This Life at Any Moment“You may leave this life at any moment: have this possibility in your mind in all that you do or say or think.” — Marcus Aurelius Do you think about death? Are you afraid of death? Do you take the time to think about what the world will be like when you are no longer here? Today I want to talk about why death is so important, and how when we avoid thinking about death, we are missing out on one of the best tools to live a fulfilling life.
- 200 – With Great Responsibility Comes Great Power“The responsibility is all yours. No one can stop you from being honest or straightforward.” — Marcus Aurelius To you own your actions? Do you graciously accept the consequences of your choices? When you make a mistake do you try to cover it up? Today I want to talk about the idea that to have more control over your life, you need to accept responsibility for everything you do.