Welcome to the Stoic Coffee Break Podcast!
Forget everything else. Keep hold of this alone and remember it: Each of us lives only now, this brief instant.—Marcus Aurelius
Don’t let fear, low self-esteem and the negative voices hold you back from your true destiny.—David Goggins
Thanks for stopping by the home of the Stoic Coffee Break podcast. The podcast is back on the air, and I hope you are enjoying it. If you enjoy this podcast and find value in it, I would really appreciate it if you would make a donation on Patreon. I have put thousands of hours of work into this podcast, so just as you would pay for an audio book, donating on Patreon would be helpful in offsetting hosting fees, and help fund new ventures as I look for ways to expand the reach of this podcast.
You can support the podcast here: https://patreon.com/stoiccoffee
Thanks for stopping in!
Click here to download the Emotional Vocabulary Worksheet.
Click here to download the Core Values Worksheet.
— Erick Cloward
Amor Fati, Amor Coffee!
Listen to more episodes:
- Strong Body for a Strong MindIt is necessary to care for the body, not for its own sake, but because it is the abode of the soul. — Musonius Rufus Do you take care of your body? To you treat it like a temple? Do you exercise it and strengthen it as much as your mind? Today I want to talk about how important it is to treat your body as good as, if not better than your mind.
- 248 – Conversation With Author Crystal JascksonLife is full of challenges that can knock you down, but the question is, are you going to stay down? As a romance novelist, Crystal Jackson might seem an odd choice for a guest on a podcast about stoicism, but Crystal has seen her fair share of hard knocks, and has some great lesson to share. We talk about how sometimes the greatest challenges in our lives are also the greatest teachers.
- 247 – There Are No Problems, Only ChoicesNever let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present. — Marcus Aurelius What if there were no problems in your life? I don’t mean that you don’t have things that are challenging, but what if, rather than fretting about something and framing it as a problem, you could just look at something as a choice to be made?
- 246 – What do You Deserve?“The obstacle in the path becomes the path. Never forget, within every obstacle is an opportunity to improve our condition.” – Ryan Holiday Life is always throwing challenges your way. Are you taking them opportunities, or are just complaining about how unfair life is? In this week’s episode, we tackle a few questions that came in about the last weeks episode…
- 245 – Whining or WinningComplaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining. — Teddy Roosevelt Do you think that life is fair? Do you think it’s unfair? Are others “winning” when you are not? Today I want to talk about how we fall into unhelpful ways of thinking that reduces our ability to take responsibility for ourselves, and blame our unhappiness on the world outside of us.