Welcome to the Stoic Coffee Break Podcast!
Thanks for stopping by the home of the Stoic Coffee Break podcast. The Stoic Coffee Break is a weekly podcast where I take an aspect of stoicism and try to dig a bit deeper and break it down to it’s most important points. I share my experiences, both my successes and my failures and hope that you can learn something and improve your life, all within the space of a coffee break.
If you want to dig deeper yourself and talk with other listeners who are working on applying stoicism in their daily lives, join us in the Stoic Coffee House. You’ll gain access to bonus content, be able to participate in monthly AMA discussions, and more!
If you enjoy this podcast and find value in it, I would really appreciate it if you would make a donation on Patreon. I have put thousands of hours of work into this podcast, so just as you would pay for an audio book, donating on Patreon would be helpful in offsetting hosting fees, and help fund new ventures as I look for ways to expand the reach of this podcast.
You can support the podcast here: https://patreon.com/stoiccoffee
Thanks for stopping in!
— Erick Cloward
Amor Fati, Amor Coffee!
Listen to more episodes:
- 279 – Not True But Useful“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” — Marcus Aurelius Can you hold beliefs that are not true, but are useful? The idea of “Useful, Not True” suggests that our perspective on something doesn’t have to be true, as long as it’s useful. Let’s explore the concept of useful beliefs and how they can shape our lives. #NotTrueButUseful #PerspectiveMatters
- 278 – The Truth About Lying“It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.” — Noel Coward Do you lie? Do you believe that everyone lies? Why are some lies acceptable? Today I want to talk about the different kinds of lies and deceptions, and what we can do to be a bit more honest, and a little more aware when others are trying to deceive us.
- 277 – Embracing the Unexpected: How to Handle Life’s Plot Twists Like a Stoic“Life is a storm that will test you unceasingly. Don’t wait for calm waters that may not arrive. Derive purpose from resilience. Learn to sail the raging sea. — @TheStoicEmperor Do you fear the unexpected? Do you stress out when life throws you a curveball? Life is full of surprises. When we think that we’ve got things figured out and that things are going our way, something or someone pops up and throws a monkey wrench into our day to day that disrupts our lives and sends us spinning. Let’s talk about how to handle, appreciate, and even look forward to the unexpected events that life brings your way.
- 276 – The Zen of Zeno: Exploring the Art of Stoic Patience“Man conquers the world by conquering himself.” — Zeno of Citium Are you rushing through life? Learn the art of patience and how it can lead to a more fulfilling life. Discover the power of being present and giving your full attention to what truly matters. #patience #mindfulness #selfgrowth
- 275 – A Courageous Mind“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the assessment that something else is more important than fear.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt Do you live in fear? Learn why courage is the foundational virtue of stoicism and how to develop a courageous mind. Overcome adversity, gain wisdom, practice justice, temperance, and take responsibility. Cultivate integrity, honesty, self-discipline, set boundaries, and build resilience. #StoicCoffee #CourageousMind